Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution that allows for two or more individuals, or representatives from organisations to come together.
While courts and tribunals will order mediation, the team at Commsres prefer that everyone choses to participate and that their attendance is entirely voluntary. This allows for the best possible outcomes and for a mediation agreement to have the best chance of being maintained.
Our carefully designed methodology, is structured, and only cases where both the mediator and the participants are comfortable will proceed. This is done through the following steps.
The Pre-Mediation Brief and initial assessment
- Interview with potential participants
- Summary of issues compilation
- Agreement on the issues by participants
- Agreement of code of conduct
- Agreement on confidentiality
- Agreement on conduct of mediation
- Mediator’s certificate issued as to potential mediation